Barcelona player tests positive for Covid-19
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-08-12 14:30:21 || Updated: 2020-08-12 14:30:21
Barcelona say an unnamed squad member has tested positive for Covid-19.
He was one of nine reporting for pre-season training, showed no symptoms and has been quarantined at his home.
Barca say he has not been in contact with any senior players, who travel to Lisbon on Thursday to prepare for a Champions League quarter-final.
Valencia confirmed two cases of Covid-19 this week, while Atletico Madrid reported two positive tests before their Champions League quarter-final.
Atletico women suspend training after four more coronavirus cases
Because of the coronavirus pandemic, the Champions League is concluding with a ‘final eight’ tournament in Lisbon, comprising single-leg games held behind closed doors.
Barcelona play Bayern Munich on Friday, the day after Atletico Madrid face RB Leipzig.
Everyone who has been in contact with the Barcelona player has been tracked to perform tests.BBC
- UNO Wahida transferred to Dhaka
- India allows export of 25,000 tonnes of onions to Bangladesh
- 17 directors are losing their posts due to not holding 2% share
- Riva Ganguly calls on Sheikh Fazle Fahim
- Health Ministry did well in dealing with pandemic: PM
- Bangladesh economy relatively in good shape: PM
- Tipu urges all not to panic about onion
- Saif Powertec donate Tk25,000 each month for Narayanganj explosion victim’s family
- City polls within 3 months of expiry of tenure; Bill cleared
- Ronaldo reachs 100 international goals
- BCB chief optimistic about Shakib presence in SL tour
- Messi provides ‘special’ gift to Syrian childs
- Messi joins Ronaldo in 700-club goal
- Afridi tests positive for Covid-19
- PSG again crowned Ligue 1 champions
- Child’s playing cricket on the bank of river
- Barcelona players to take 70% pay cut