Chinese firm proposes to investment $300m
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-07-27 07:54:34 || Updated: 2020-07-27 07:54:34
A Chinese firm Yabang Investment Holdings Group Co Ltd,has proposed to build plants at Bangabandhu Industrial City in Chattogram’s Mirsarai.
The company wants to launch an export-oriented industry by leasing 100 acres of land with an investment of $300 million, said Paban Chowdhury, the executive chairman of Bangladesh Economic Zone Authority or BEZA.
Yabang had submitted the final investment proposal recently after talks lasting around a year, Paban said.
The authorities are expected to sign an agreement with Yabang after Eid-ul-Azha, he added.
The estimated annual export target from the Yabang unit is $146.40 million while the estimated sale target in the domestic market is $97.60 million.
The authorities expect the investment will create at least 2,200 jobs.
Yabang Group, the Chinese giant in dyeing and paints industry, has investments in pigments, pharmaceuticals, veterinary drugs, pesticides, photovoltaics, mining, logistics, finance and real estates as well.
Its annual operational earning is $4.5 billion.
The company will manufacture products like dyes and paints, pigments, pharmaceuticals, veterinary medicines, pesticides and photovoltaics in Bangladesh.
It wants to begin working on its project in January next year. Products manufactured under the project will be exported to Europe and America.
Mirsarai houses the largest economic zone of the country on 30,000 acres of land.
India, Japan and many other countries have also invested in the zone.
- Several Palestinians killed by Israeli fire in West Bank protests
- 5 Eid jamaats will be held at Baitul Mukarram Mosque
- President, PM greet countrymen on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Square Pharma’s subsidiary going to commercial production in Kenya
- China hands over 5 lakh doses vaccine as gift
- United Finance disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Mir Akhter disclose third Quarter earnings report
- PM denounces attack on Al Aqsa mosque
- Queen South Textile disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Price of gold increasing by Tk 2333
- Imports of spices increased in Hili
- Officially started collecting Boro paddy and rice
- Bangladesh seeks 20m vaccine doses from US: Momen
- FBCCI building done before three years without design passed
- Qatar moves from football to farming in post-pandemic food security push
- ECNEC approves 10 projects at a cost of Taka 11901 crore
- If don’t get vaccine, we will ask to return money