Prof Emajuddin Ahmed is no more
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-07-17 09:06:06 || Updated: 2020-07-17 09:06:06
Prof Emajuddin Ahmed, ex-vice chancellor of Dhaka University, died of cardiac arrest at a hospital in the capital on Friday morning. He was 87.
He breathed his last around 5:30am at Labaid Specialized Hospital in the city’s Dhanmondi area, said his personal secretary Amar Chandra Mistry, reports UNB.
Emajuddin, a veteran political scientist, complained of chest pain around 2:30am at his Elephant Road residence. He was then taken to the Labaid Hospital, he said.
Amar said Emajuddin was feeling better after the admission, but he suffered a massive cardiac arrest in the early morning, and doctors later declared him dead.
He is survived by two sons, two daughters and a host of relatives and well-wishers to mourn his death.
Emajuddin was the vice-chancellor of Dhaka University from 1992-96.
- Tokyo Olympics officially begin under spectre of pandemic
- Mosque in Indian capital’s Rohingya camp bulldozed: Refugees
- Danish infamous cartoonist Kurt Westergaard dies
- 50,000 phone numbers worldwide on list linked to Israeli spyware: reports
- BCB ICL Growth Fund declares 8% dividend
- Tamijuddin at the top of falling prices
- Embezzlement: Case filed against two persons including manager of Madhumati Bank
- 20 die as heavy rain hits Mumbai
- Onion imports increased ahead of Eid
- 225 new deaths from corona in Bangladesh
- Momen seeks favorable business environment in Kuwait for Bangladeshis
- No let-up in efforts to change people’s fate amid Covid-19: PM
- Main programme of ‘month of mourning’ is to stand by people: Quader
- 204 more people deaths from corona in Bangladesh
- Momen seeks UN roadmap for Rohingya repatriation
- Momen seeks Russian active cooperation in Rohingya repatriation
- US Senate passes bill to ban Xinjiang imports