Ex-NRBC Bank chairman Farasath Ali banned for 2yrs
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-07-05 12:51:49 || Updated: 2020-07-05 12:51:49
The central bank has banned Farasath Ali, ousted former chairman of NRB Commercial Bank Ltd, from director post of any bank or other financial institutions for two years.
Md Sirajul Islam, executive director of Bangladesh Bank and its spokesman, confirmed on Sunday.
He said, “Bangladesh Bank found true the allegations made against NRB Commercial Bank’s founder chairman after scrutinizing.”
“That is why it took decision to ban him from director post of any bank or other financial institutions for two years,” Sirajul said, adding that the prohibitory order will come into effect from June 21 this year.
Farasath Ali was involved with anonymously providing loan to a former director of Mercantile Bank Ltd.
Eevn, the latter took part in the meeting of NRBC Bank’s board of directors with help of Farasath Ali.
Earlier, founder chairman of NRB Commercial Bank was sacked in 2017 in connection with irregularities and corruptions.Report:jagonews
- Consumers bear the brunt of India’s onion export ban
- Taj Mahal re-opens for public after 6 months
- Walton share trade debuts Sept 23
- BSEC removes 17 more directors
- COVID-19 situation may worsen in winter: PM
- UNO Wahida transferred to Dhaka
- India allows export of 25,000 tonnes of onions to Bangladesh
- 17 directors are losing their posts due to not holding 2% share
- Riva Ganguly calls on Sheikh Fazle Fahim
- Shareholders approved Dividend at Agm LankaBangla
- United Commercial Bank Limited holds 37th Annual General Meeting
- BB rises transaction limit in internet Banking
- Bangladesh received $1.96bn remittances in August
- Sonali Aansh Industries disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Alif Industries disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Imam Button Industries disclose third Quarter earnings report
- IDRA gets acting chairman, yet quorum crisis remains