Mercantile Bank Launches Islamic Banking services
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-06-29 10:41:23 || Updated: 2020-06-29 10:41:23
Mercantile Bank Limited has launched Shariah complied Islamic Banking service named ‘TAQWA’. Morshed Alam MP, chairman of the bank has inaugurated this service today (29th June, 2020) in a virtual ceremony. Initially Mercantile Bank will offer this special service through Islamic Banking Window in its country wide 10 branches besides their regular conventional banking. The Chairman expressed that by fulfilling the special client demand Islamic Banking facility parallel to the conventional banking will ensure all types of client services.
The Islamic Banking service commencing branches are Main Branch, Dhanmondi Branch & Uttara Branch in Dhaka; Agrabad Branch in Chattogram; Barishal Branch; Feni Branch; Chowmuhani Branch and Banglabazar Branch in Noakhali; Faridganj Branch in Chandpur and Damudya Branch in Shariatpur.
Al-Haj Akram Hossain (Humayun), Vice Chairman, Md. Anwarul Haque, Chairman, Executive Committee; Dr. Md. Rahmat Ullah, Chairman, Audit Committee; A.K.M. Shaheed Reza, Chairman, Mercantile Bank Foundation; A. S. M. Feroz Alam, M. Amanullah, Al-Haj Mosharref Hossain and M A Khan Belal, Directors were connected to the virtual inaugural ceremony. Md. Quamrul Islam Chowdhury, Managing Director & CEO delivered his welcome speech. Md. Zakir Hossain, DMD & DCBO of the bank anchored the ceremony while Mati Ul Hasan, AMD & CRO, DMDs and senior executives of the bank along with the Head of Islamic Banking Division Syed Murtaza Hasan were also connected.
A dua Munajat has been performed for the departed soul of recently passed Sponsor Director and Vice Chairman of the Bank Mohd. Selim. The ceremony was live on the Official Facebook page of Mercantile Bank Limited.
- PM gives Tk 5 lakh to each of 35 N’ganj blast victim families
- China has built 380 internment camps in Xinjiang
- Nature holds one of the keys to tackling climate change, say G20 thinkers
- Govt to prepare master plan for roads, highways
- BSEC approves Robi’s IPO
- Australia whales: 90 dead in mass stranding off Tasmania
- Tk 246cr to be spent on hilsa development
- Consumers bear the brunt of India’s onion export ban
- Taj Mahal re-opens for public after 6 months
- BSEC approves Robi’s IPO
- Walton share trade debuts Sept 23
- BSEC removes 17 more directors
- 17 directors are losing their posts due to not holding 2% share
- Saif Powertec donate Tk25,000 each month for Narayanganj explosion victim’s family
- Mir Akhter’s share bidding begins September 27
- BSEC chief gets senior secy status
- A delegation of CGIA Network Bangladesh