Third official of Janata Bank dies of Covid-19
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-06-26 10:59:44 || Updated: 2020-06-26 10:59:44
An official of state-owned Janata Bank Ltd has died of COVID-19, the disease caused by novel coronavirus.
Deceased AKM Shahjahan Ali, 55, worked as senior officer at Bogura Corporate branch of the bank.
He breathed his last around 5am on Friday at TMSS Medical College and Rafatullah Community Hospital in the district.
With his death, a total of three officials of Janata Bank died after being infected with the highly contagious disease.
Shahjahan tested positive for COVID-19 on June 23 and was taking treatment at home, said Janata Bank’s senior principal officer Sanaul Haque.
He was taken to hospital on Thursday night after his condition deteriorated where he passed away, Sanaul added.
However, more than 500 bank officer-employee caught the deadly virus. Of them, 23 died.Report:jagonews
- UNO Wahida transferred to Dhaka
- India allows export of 25,000 tonnes of onions to Bangladesh
- 17 directors are losing their posts due to not holding 2% share
- Riva Ganguly calls on Sheikh Fazle Fahim
- Health Ministry did well in dealing with pandemic: PM
- Bangladesh economy relatively in good shape: PM
- Tipu urges all not to panic about onion
- Saif Powertec donate Tk25,000 each month for Narayanganj explosion victim’s family
- City polls within 3 months of expiry of tenure; Bill cleared
- Shareholders approved Dividend at Agm LankaBangla
- United Commercial Bank Limited holds 37th Annual General Meeting
- BB rises transaction limit in internet Banking
- Bangladesh received $1.96bn remittances in August
- Sonali Aansh Industries disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Alif Industries disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Imam Button Industries disclose third Quarter earnings report
- IDRA gets acting chairman, yet quorum crisis remains