Nizami joins CGIA Institute’s Global Council and Chairs its Network Relations Council
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-06-18 12:02:13 || Updated: 2020-06-18 12:02:13
A statement released by the CGIA Institute announced the appointment of Prof. Md. Helal Uddin Nizami, FCGIA to its Global Council. It also stated that Prof. Nizami will be Chairing the Network Relations Council of the Institute.
The CGIA Institute is a globally recognized professional body of finance and investment professionals setting global standards for ethical investment practices for the finance and investment management industry. The Institute provides the Chartered Global Investment Analyst (CGIA®) designation.
Prof. Nizami has served as a Commissioner with the Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission (BSEC), the apex regulator of the country’s Capital Market for the last Nine (09) years.
He has an extensive exposure in serving as a Member of the Advisory Group of the Asia Pacific Economic Corporation – Financial Regulators Training Initiative (APEC – FRTI) for the last five years.He also served as a Member of the Financial Reporting Council (FRC), Bangladesh, constituted under Financial Reporting Act, 2015 for the last three (03) years.
Md. Helal Uddin Nizami, FCGIA is currently working as Professor in the Department of Accounting, University of Chittagong, Bangladesh (the second biggest & pioneer Public University in Bangladesh).
Prof. Nizami will be joining distinguished professionals and leaders as a Global Council Member and as the Chairperson of its Network Relations Council.
The Network Relations Council is the supervisory Council in charge of overseeing the setup and operations of CGIA Networks across member countries around the world.
Commenting on his appointment “I am immensely delighted and honoured to receiving the offer of appointment as a Member of the Global Council and Chairperson for the Network Relations Council of the CGIA Institute. I am indeed humbled & grateful to the Institute for putting their trust on me. It is truly pleasure to work with CGIA and I am very proud to be the part of this Institute”.
“I believe this responsibility would certainly encourage me to contribute, deliver & coordinate with my utmost capacity in regard to articulate the focus and objectives of the Institute”.
“I am looking forward to taking the role of a Global Council Member and Chairing for the Network Relations Council of the CGIA Institute”.
Prof. Md. Helal Uddin Nizami, FCGIA has been a Fellow member of the CGIA Institute since 2019.
Visit www.cgiainstitute.org to find out more about the global qualification in Finance & Investment offered by the CGIA Institute.
- PM gives Tk 5 lakh to each of 35 N’ganj blast victim families
- China has built 380 internment camps in Xinjiang
- Nature holds one of the keys to tackling climate change, say G20 thinkers
- Govt to prepare master plan for roads, highways
- BSEC approves Robi’s IPO
- Australia whales: 90 dead in mass stranding off Tasmania
- Tk 246cr to be spent on hilsa development
- Consumers bear the brunt of India’s onion export ban
- Taj Mahal re-opens for public after 6 months
- BSEC approves Robi’s IPO
- Walton share trade debuts Sept 23
- BSEC removes 17 more directors
- 17 directors are losing their posts due to not holding 2% share
- Saif Powertec donate Tk25,000 each month for Narayanganj explosion victim’s family
- Mir Akhter’s share bidding begins September 27
- BSEC chief gets senior secy status
- A delegation of CGIA Network Bangladesh