Sheikh Fazle Fahim elected new SAARC CCI VP
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-06-15 16:10:42 || Updated: 2020-06-18 11:18:53
In addition to the newly assigned role, Fahim has also been serving as the president of the Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FBCCI) and leading unprecedented reforms in the commercial sector of the country.
Sheikh Fazle Fahim has been nominated as the new Vice President of the SAARC Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCI). The CCI National Members’ Body gave him the nomination for the 2020-2021 term.
In addition to the newly assigned role, Fahim has also been serving as the president of the Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FBCCI) and leading unprecedented reforms in the commercial sector of the country. Additionally, having served as a member of the Executive Committee of the SAARC CCI for two terms and representing 28 national chambers in Asia and the Pacific, Fahim is also serving as the vice president of the Confederation of Asia Pacific Chambers of Commerce and Industry. In addition to the aforementioned dynamic roles, he is also currently a member of several other national and foreign organisations such as the Executive Committee of the D8 Chamber of Commerce, the Global Advisory Council of the Commonwealth Enterprise and Investment Council (CWEIC), and the Advisory Board of the Silk Road Chamber of International Commerce. He is also involved in various domestic and foreign business and philanthropy organisations.
Talking about the new responsibility, he said, “Acknowledging the realities, in 2020-21, the SAARC CCI board will focus on serving our 1.8 billion people by engaging the strength of all eight member countries to build SAARC and beyond, especially in the new COVID-19 world order. FBCCI, along with its counterparts of apex trade bodies in the eight nations, will explore greater engagements in investment, trade, culture, sports, best practices, and philanthropy.”
Sheikh Fazle Fahim holds a bachelor’s degree in Economics and a master’s degree in Liberal Arts in Political Economy from St. Edward’s University in Austin, Texas. A portion of his master’s education was completed from Harvard University in Cambridge Massachusettes.
- Media workers are fearless warriors of the Corona period
- Central bank bought 4.2 billion dollars in four months
- Government fully prepared to provide 5G services
- Padma Bridge main structure’s work progress 91pc: Quader
- Javier Mascherano announced his retirement
- Wata Chemicals disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Daffodil Computers disclose first Quarter earnings report
- H.R TEXTILE MILLS disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Far East Knitting disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Reserve will be 50 billion dollar by 2021: Finance Minister
- E-commerce market will be 3 billion dollars
- Turkey wants enhanced ties with Bangladesh exceeding $2 bln trade
- The Sundarbans is being opened for tourists
- Investors will keep the gold market strong in 2021
- Padma Bridge 5 kilometers visible now
- Bangladesh wants self-sufficient in onion production
- Asia-Pacific garment industry suffers from Covid-19 fallout