Afridi tests positive for Covid-19
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-06-13 09:36:14 || Updated: 2020-06-13 09:36:14
The Pakistan all-rounder is the third Pakistan cricketer to test positive for the novel virus after Taufeeq Umar and Zafar Sarfaraz
Former Pakistan skipper Shahid Afridi has tested positive for the Covid-19 pandemic. Afridi, in a tweet, revealed that he has been feeling unwell since Thursday.
“I’ve been feeling unwell since Thursday; my body had been aching badly. I’ve been tested and unfortunately I’m covid positive. Need prayers for a speedy recovery, InshaAllah,” Afridi tweeted.
The Pakistan all-rounder is the third Pakistan cricketer to test positive for the novel virus after Taufeeq Umar and Zafar Sarfaraz.
I’ve been feeling unwell since Thursday; my body had been aching badly. I’ve been tested and unfortunately I’m covid positive. Need prayers for a speedy recovery, InshaAllah #COVID19 #pandemic #hopenotout #staysafe #stayhome
Earlier in May, Afridi had bought a cricket bat auctioned by Bangladesh’s Mushfiqur Rahim in a bid to raise funds to help fight the battle against the coronavirus pandemic.
The ICC said that former Pakistan captain Afridi has decided to join the noble cause by buying the bat on behalf of his charity foundation for $20,000. “Mushfiqur Rahim has found a buyer! Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridi has joined the good cause, picking up the bat on behalf of his charity foundation,” the ICC tweeted.
Afridi has been doing social work during the Covid-19 pandemic via ‘Shahid Afridi Foundation’. He also asked Yuvraj Singh and Harbhajan Singh to tweet videos urging people to donate to his foundation.
- UNO Wahida transferred to Dhaka
- India allows export of 25,000 tonnes of onions to Bangladesh
- 17 directors are losing their posts due to not holding 2% share
- Riva Ganguly calls on Sheikh Fazle Fahim
- Health Ministry did well in dealing with pandemic: PM
- Bangladesh economy relatively in good shape: PM
- Tipu urges all not to panic about onion
- Saif Powertec donate Tk25,000 each month for Narayanganj explosion victim’s family
- City polls within 3 months of expiry of tenure; Bill cleared
- Ronaldo reachs 100 international goals
- BCB chief optimistic about Shakib presence in SL tour
- Barcelona player tests positive for Covid-19
- Messi provides ‘special’ gift to Syrian childs
- Messi joins Ronaldo in 700-club goal
- PSG again crowned Ligue 1 champions
- Child’s playing cricket on the bank of river
- Barcelona players to take 70% pay cut