Int’l cooperation on digital technology essential to defeat Covid-19: UN
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-05-17 04:01:15 || Updated: 2020-05-17 04:01:15
Information technology can be a beacon of hope, allowing billions of people around the world to connect, he said
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has said international cooperation on digital technology is essential to help defeat Covid-19 and achieve the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
“Information technology can be a beacon of hope, allowing billions of people around the world to connect,” he said in a message on Sunday marking the World Telecommunication and Information Society Day.
During the Covid-19 pandemic these connections – with loved ones, with schools and colleges, with workplaces, with healthcare professionals and essential supplies– are more important than ever, the UN chief said.
He said the International Telecommunication Union continues to work with the information and communication technology community and UN agencies to help manage and end this crisis, and recover better.
“New technologies, from 5G and big data to cloud computing and artificial intelligence, are powerful tools to tackle the world’s most pressing challenges, including the pandemic
Leaving no one behind means leaving no one offline,” he said.
- Media workers are fearless warriors of the Corona period
- Central bank bought 4.2 billion dollars in four months
- Government fully prepared to provide 5G services
- Padma Bridge main structure’s work progress 91pc: Quader
- Javier Mascherano announced his retirement
- Wata Chemicals disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Daffodil Computers disclose first Quarter earnings report
- H.R TEXTILE MILLS disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Far East Knitting disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Pakistan to provide ‘evidence’ India sponsors militants
- Some world leaders silent on Biden win
- Presidency hinges on tight races in battleground states
- Driver rams car into gate of Mecca’s Grand Mosque
- From November 1, everyone will perform Umrah
- Open season on weapons sales to Iran as UN embargo expires
- Pompeo blames Turkey for inflaming situation in Nagorno-Karabakh region
- Greece slams Turkish decision to send out research ship