Educational institutions to remain closed till May 30
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-05-05 13:28:53 || Updated: 2020-05-05 13:28:53
The general holiday announced by the government has been extended till May 16 due to ongoing coronavirus epidemic. All educational institutions will remain closed at this time on the occasion of Ramadan and Eid-ul-Fitr.
Secretary of the Ministry of Secondary and Higher Education Mahbub Hossain told that the government has extended ongoing general holidays till May 16. According to the syllabus, initially, we planned to keep the educational institutions closed till the Eid-ul-Fitr holiday. Now it will be implemented. All educational institutions will be closed till May 30, including Eid holidays.
He said the holiday could be extended further later considering the situation. However, for the time being, the students have to continue their educational activities at home till Eid-ul-Fitr.
Earlier, on March 16, the government decided to keep all the educational institutions closed from March 17 to 31, aiming to prevent the spread of deadly coronavirus. Later, the Education Ministry extended the time of the closure till April 9.
The government has also extended general holidays for the fifth time till May 16.
- Media workers are fearless warriors of the Corona period
- Central bank bought 4.2 billion dollars in four months
- Government fully prepared to provide 5G services
- Padma Bridge main structure’s work progress 91pc: Quader
- Javier Mascherano announced his retirement
- Wata Chemicals disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Daffodil Computers disclose first Quarter earnings report
- H.R TEXTILE MILLS disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Far East Knitting disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Educational institutions closure to be extended: Dipu Moni
- Ministry issues health guidelines to prepare for primary school reopening
- Experts emphasized for need of effective training in online education
- Mawlana Bhashani university closed till 1 April
- Decision in principle to defer HSC exam
- DU students asked to vacate halls amid corona
- DU begins ‘Mujib Borsho’ celebration cutting 100 pound cake
- Charge sheet filed in DU student rape case