Educational institutions to remain closed till May 30
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-05-05 13:28:53 || Updated: 2020-05-05 13:28:53
The general holiday announced by the government has been extended till May 16 due to ongoing coronavirus epidemic. All educational institutions will remain closed at this time on the occasion of Ramadan and Eid-ul-Fitr.
Secretary of the Ministry of Secondary and Higher Education Mahbub Hossain told that the government has extended ongoing general holidays till May 16. According to the syllabus, initially, we planned to keep the educational institutions closed till the Eid-ul-Fitr holiday. Now it will be implemented. All educational institutions will be closed till May 30, including Eid holidays.
He said the holiday could be extended further later considering the situation. However, for the time being, the students have to continue their educational activities at home till Eid-ul-Fitr.
Earlier, on March 16, the government decided to keep all the educational institutions closed from March 17 to 31, aiming to prevent the spread of deadly coronavirus. Later, the Education Ministry extended the time of the closure till April 9.
The government has also extended general holidays for the fifth time till May 16.
- Square Pharma’s subsidiary going to commercial production in Kenya
- China hands over 5 lakh doses vaccine as gift
- United Finance disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Mir Akhter disclose third Quarter earnings report
- PM denounces attack on Al Aqsa mosque
- Queen South Textile disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Prime Bank disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Islami Bank disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Reliance Insurance disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Hajj to be held this year with ‘special conditions’
- BD services disclose third Quarter earnings report
- National Polymar disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Covid-19: UAE suspends entry for travellers from Bangladesh
- Price of gold increasing by Tk 2333
- Al-Arafah Islami Bank declares dividend
- Alhaj Textile disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Exim Bank declares dividend
- First Security Islami Bank declares dividend
- A Notice published for recruitment of 54 thousand teachers
- Stranded Suez container ship reported freed
- For renovation of public university halls Tk 50 crore allocated
- Minister of Education instructed students to leave the hall
- Tensions mount at JU, demo continues defying authorities’ order
- HSC results will publish on Saturday
- Classes to resume on a limited scale: Dipu Moni
- 3 amendment bills placed in JS to publish HSC results