Educational institutions to remain closed till May 30
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-05-05 13:28:53 || Updated: 2020-05-05 13:28:53
The general holiday announced by the government has been extended till May 16 due to ongoing coronavirus epidemic. All educational institutions will remain closed at this time on the occasion of Ramadan and Eid-ul-Fitr.
Secretary of the Ministry of Secondary and Higher Education Mahbub Hossain told that the government has extended ongoing general holidays till May 16. According to the syllabus, initially, we planned to keep the educational institutions closed till the Eid-ul-Fitr holiday. Now it will be implemented. All educational institutions will be closed till May 30, including Eid holidays.
He said the holiday could be extended further later considering the situation. However, for the time being, the students have to continue their educational activities at home till Eid-ul-Fitr.
Earlier, on March 16, the government decided to keep all the educational institutions closed from March 17 to 31, aiming to prevent the spread of deadly coronavirus. Later, the Education Ministry extended the time of the closure till April 9.
The government has also extended general holidays for the fifth time till May 16.
- BSEC removes 17 more directors
- COVID-19 situation may worsen in winter: PM
- UNO Wahida transferred to Dhaka
- India allows export of 25,000 tonnes of onions to Bangladesh
- 17 directors are losing their posts due to not holding 2% share
- Riva Ganguly calls on Sheikh Fazle Fahim
- Health Ministry did well in dealing with pandemic: PM
- Bangladesh economy relatively in good shape: PM
- Tipu urges all not to panic about onion
- Ministry issues health guidelines to prepare for primary school reopening
- Experts emphasized for need of effective training in online education
- Mawlana Bhashani university closed till 1 April
- Decision in principle to defer HSC exam
- DU students asked to vacate halls amid corona
- DU begins ‘Mujib Borsho’ celebration cutting 100 pound cake
- Charge sheet filed in DU student rape case
- Govt shuts down all educational institutions amid virus fears