Guardian Life offers Covid-19 insurance package for bankers
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-04-30 03:37:43 || Updated: 2020-04-30 03:37:43
Guardian Life Insurance Limited has introduced an insurance package called “Corona Safety Net” for the bankers considering the high risk of exposure due to the coronavirus while performing duties during general holidays.
The company developed the insurance policy in response to Bangladesh Bank’s direction to all commercial banks to provide Covid-19 insurance coverage to the bankers who are working during this crisis moment, says a press release.
“The plan will provide an instant one-off payout of Tk5 lakh to Tk10 lakh in case of an insured bank employee being diagnosed as a Covid-19 positive patient. In addition, hospitalisation benefit for the virus treatment up to Tk5 lakh will be provided,” said MM Monirul Alam, managing director and chief executive officer of Guardian Life.
“In case of death of an insured bank employee due to the coronavirus, Tk25 ;akh to Tk50 lakh will be paid to the family as death Benefit,” he said.
- UNO Wahida transferred to Dhaka
- India allows export of 25,000 tonnes of onions to Bangladesh
- 17 directors are losing their posts due to not holding 2% share
- Riva Ganguly calls on Sheikh Fazle Fahim
- Health Ministry did well in dealing with pandemic: PM
- Bangladesh economy relatively in good shape: PM
- Tipu urges all not to panic about onion
- Saif Powertec donate Tk25,000 each month for Narayanganj explosion victim’s family
- City polls within 3 months of expiry of tenure; Bill cleared
- Shareholders approved Dividend at Agm LankaBangla
- United Commercial Bank Limited holds 37th Annual General Meeting
- BB rises transaction limit in internet Banking
- Bangladesh received $1.96bn remittances in August
- Sonali Aansh Industries disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Alif Industries disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Imam Button Industries disclose third Quarter earnings report
- IDRA gets acting chairman, yet quorum crisis remains