GD Assist evacuates 48 Bangladeshis from Thailand
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-04-28 04:35:17 || Updated: 2020-04-28 04:35:17
GD Assist, a subsidiary of Green Delta Insurance Company, has arranged the evacuation of 48 nonresident Bangladeshis stranded in Bangkok of Thailand and brought them back home on Friday.
A chartered flight of a locally owned passenger carrier landed at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka on Friday evening, said a handout of GD Assist.
In the last week of march (around 28th or 29th of March, 2020), one of the stranded Bangladeshi families contacted GD Assist Ltd. from Bangkok, Thailand with a request to help them to repatriate the mortal remains of their beloved father who unfortunately died during his treatment in Bangkok.
Considering the humanitarian ground, GD Assist, being the largest healthcare management company in Bangladesh, started to work towards bringing back the family along with the dead body.
Immediately, GD Assist chartered a flight of a local carrier and started coordinating with High Commission of Bangladesh in Thailand and other relevant authorities for making it happen.
In view of the above, few other Bangladeshi families who were stranded in Bangkok as well reached out to GD Assist and expressed their willingness to get assistance for evacuation from Bangkok, Thailand.
Managing Director of GD Assist, Mr. Syed Moinuddin Ahmed mentioned that the firm is proud to have been able to make some little contribution for our countrymen during this corona-riddled grave period.
“After getting approval from authorities concerned to bring the stranded countrymen back home in Bangladesh, GD Assist further arranged for all the 48 passengers to have COVID-19 screening tests in a renowned hospital in Bangkok,” Mr. Moinuddin added.
A NRB who was one of the passengers of the aforementioned flight, namely, Mr. Rana has wrote an email and expressed his gratitude to the GD Assist team, which said: “My heartfelt thanks to Mr. Moin and his team in GD Assist and Mr. Nazmul and his team in Bangladesh Embassy, Thailand. Thank you all again for bring us back home to Bangladesh.”
GD Assist, a venture of Green Delta Insurance Company Ltd., is the largest healthcare management company of Bangladesh working in medical tourism for Bangladeshis.
- Bank open
- Transaction in capital market till 12:30
- Moon of Ramadan sighted , fasting from tomorrow
- Decision to keep the bank open for special needs
- Ex-Jamaat Ameer Makbul ahmed is no more
- Libra Infusions declares dividend
- Brac Bank declares dividend
- Pubali Bank declares dividend
- DSE’s activities closed in lockdown
- Industrialists demand to keep industres free from lockdown
- Financial institutions defaulted loan is Tk 10 thousand crore
- DSE warned National Insurance for unusual prices
- Islamic Finance declares dividend
- India’s L&T wins order for world’s biggest solar power plant in Saudi
- Hajj Ministry announce Ramadan guidelines for Umrah and prayers
- NBR withdrew the tax on edible oil
- 200 million aid to developing countries to prevent Corona
- Record 78 new deaths from corona in Bangladesh