Coronavirus: Virus deepens struggle for migrants
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-04-11 03:08:17 || Updated: 2020-04-11 03:08:17
As the coronavirus crisis deepens, many charities have had to cease operations, reducing support for large numbers of vulnerable people.
According to the British Red Cross, there are thousands of refugees and asylum seekers living in poverty in the UK, although the government says it provides support for those who need it.
And in Calais in France, many migrants are living in makeshift camps hoping to cross to the UK.
The BBC’s Fergal Keane reports on how the coronavirus pandemic is affecting those who have fled persecution or poverty.
- Media workers are fearless warriors of the Corona period
- Central bank bought 4.2 billion dollars in four months
- Government fully prepared to provide 5G services
- Padma Bridge main structure’s work progress 91pc: Quader
- Javier Mascherano announced his retirement
- Wata Chemicals disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Daffodil Computers disclose first Quarter earnings report
- H.R TEXTILE MILLS disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Far East Knitting disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Pakistan to provide ‘evidence’ India sponsors militants
- Some world leaders silent on Biden win
- Presidency hinges on tight races in battleground states
- Driver rams car into gate of Mecca’s Grand Mosque
- From November 1, everyone will perform Umrah
- Open season on weapons sales to Iran as UN embargo expires
- Pompeo blames Turkey for inflaming situation in Nagorno-Karabakh region
- Greece slams Turkish decision to send out research ship