Four Bangladeshis died in New York
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-03-25 05:33:26 || Updated: 2020-03-25 05:33:26
Due to coronavirus Four Bangladeshi nationals including two women died in New York on 24 March taking the total number to eight.
Among the deceased, Abdul Baten, 60, Nur Jahan Begum, 70 and another 42-year-old woman died in Elmhurst Hospital while ATM Salam, another 59-year-old man died in Plainview Hospital, according to the hospitals authorities.
Majeda Akhter, a member of the Board of Elections, said, “We have been informed by the mayor’s office that most of the victims are taxi drivers and people engaged in delivery work. Through them, family members are also affected.”
She said they have been told by the mayor’s office that they should warn Bangladeshis more about the virus.
“Everyone is urged not to travel outside,” Majeda quoted the mayor’s office as saying.
- PM lays foundation stone of Bangabandhu Railway Bridge
- Regent Textile disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Take proper action against social diseases
- Media workers are fearless warriors of the Corona period
- Central bank bought 4.2 billion dollars in four months
- Government fully prepared to provide 5G services
- Padma Bridge main structure’s work progress 91pc: Quader
- Javier Mascherano announced his retirement
- Wata Chemicals disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Pakistan to provide ‘evidence’ India sponsors militants
- Some world leaders silent on Biden win
- Presidency hinges on tight races in battleground states
- Driver rams car into gate of Mecca’s Grand Mosque
- From November 1, everyone will perform Umrah
- Open season on weapons sales to Iran as UN embargo expires
- Pompeo blames Turkey for inflaming situation in Nagorno-Karabakh region
- Greece slams Turkish decision to send out research ship