DU students asked to vacate halls amid corona
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-03-19 09:45:38 || Updated: 2020-03-19 09:45:38
The hall authorities of Dhaka University (DU) asked all the residential students to vacate the halls as a precautionary measure to stop the novel coronavirus outbreak.
The decision was taken in a syndicate meeting today where students have been instructed to leave their respective dormitories by Friday 6pm.
Syndicate member and the president of Dhaka University Teachers’ Association Dr ASM Maksul Kamal confirmed the matter to The Business Standard.
DU has also extended the closed down period till March 31 2020, which previously was March 28 amid coronavirus outbreak.
Earlier, the government has taken the decision of closing all the educational institutions from March 17 to 31 as a precautionary measure to coronavirus.
Bangladesh reported its first death from coronavirus infection on Wednesday. The total number of coronavirus infected persons stood at 17 as of Thursday in the country.
- Media workers are fearless warriors of the Corona period
- Central bank bought 4.2 billion dollars in four months
- Government fully prepared to provide 5G services
- Padma Bridge main structure’s work progress 91pc: Quader
- Javier Mascherano announced his retirement
- Wata Chemicals disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Daffodil Computers disclose first Quarter earnings report
- H.R TEXTILE MILLS disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Far East Knitting disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Educational institutions closure to be extended: Dipu Moni
- Ministry issues health guidelines to prepare for primary school reopening
- Experts emphasized for need of effective training in online education
- Educational institutions to remain closed till May 30
- Mawlana Bhashani university closed till 1 April
- Decision in principle to defer HSC exam
- DU begins ‘Mujib Borsho’ celebration cutting 100 pound cake
- Charge sheet filed in DU student rape case