DU students asked to vacate halls amid corona
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-03-19 09:45:38 || Updated: 2020-03-19 09:45:38
The hall authorities of Dhaka University (DU) asked all the residential students to vacate the halls as a precautionary measure to stop the novel coronavirus outbreak.
The decision was taken in a syndicate meeting today where students have been instructed to leave their respective dormitories by Friday 6pm.
Syndicate member and the president of Dhaka University Teachers’ Association Dr ASM Maksul Kamal confirmed the matter to The Business Standard.
DU has also extended the closed down period till March 31 2020, which previously was March 28 amid coronavirus outbreak.
Earlier, the government has taken the decision of closing all the educational institutions from March 17 to 31 as a precautionary measure to coronavirus.
Bangladesh reported its first death from coronavirus infection on Wednesday. The total number of coronavirus infected persons stood at 17 as of Thursday in the country.
- 17 directors are losing their posts due to not holding 2% share
- Riva Ganguly calls on Sheikh Fazle Fahim
- Health Ministry did well in dealing with pandemic: PM
- Bangladesh economy relatively in good shape: PM
- Tipu urges all not to panic about onion
- Saif Powertec donate Tk25,000 each month for Narayanganj explosion victim’s family
- City polls within 3 months of expiry of tenure; Bill cleared
- India bans onion export to Bangladesh
- Greece welcomes Turkish survey ship’s return to Med Sea port
- Ministry issues health guidelines to prepare for primary school reopening
- Experts emphasized for need of effective training in online education
- Educational institutions to remain closed till May 30
- Mawlana Bhashani university closed till 1 April
- Decision in principle to defer HSC exam
- DU begins ‘Mujib Borsho’ celebration cutting 100 pound cake
- Charge sheet filed in DU student rape case
- Govt shuts down all educational institutions amid virus fears