Charge sheet filed in DU student rape case
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-03-16 18:46:07 || Updated: 2020-03-16 18:46:07
Detective Branch (DB) of police today filed charge sheet against sole accused Mojnu in a case lodged over rape of a Dhaka University student in capital’s Kurmitola area on January 5.
Investigation officer and DB inspector Abu Bakkar filed the charge sheet at Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate court.
The student of Dhaka University was raped on the evening of January 5, and her father filed the case with Cantonment Police Station the next day.
Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) on January 7 managed to detain the culprit Mojnu and the victim too later identified him.
- Australia whales: 90 dead in mass stranding off Tasmania
- Tk 246cr to be spent on hilsa development
- Consumers bear the brunt of India’s onion export ban
- Taj Mahal re-opens for public after 6 months
- Walton share trade debuts Sept 23
- BSEC removes 17 more directors
- COVID-19 situation may worsen in winter: PM
- UNO Wahida transferred to Dhaka
- India allows export of 25,000 tonnes of onions to Bangladesh
- Ministry issues health guidelines to prepare for primary school reopening
- Experts emphasized for need of effective training in online education
- Educational institutions to remain closed till May 30
- Mawlana Bhashani university closed till 1 April
- Decision in principle to defer HSC exam
- DU students asked to vacate halls amid corona
- DU begins ‘Mujib Borsho’ celebration cutting 100 pound cake
- Govt shuts down all educational institutions amid virus fears