Charge sheet filed in DU student rape case
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-03-16 18:46:07 || Updated: 2020-03-16 18:46:07
Detective Branch (DB) of police today filed charge sheet against sole accused Mojnu in a case lodged over rape of a Dhaka University student in capital’s Kurmitola area on January 5.
Investigation officer and DB inspector Abu Bakkar filed the charge sheet at Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate court.
The student of Dhaka University was raped on the evening of January 5, and her father filed the case with Cantonment Police Station the next day.
Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) on January 7 managed to detain the culprit Mojnu and the victim too later identified him.
- Restrict smuggling, protect independence: PM to BGB
- Central Bank’s special discount on import of eye medical equipment
- I will play with Messi next year: Neymar
- UN unanimously adopts Bangladesh’s flagship resolution on ‘Culture of Peace’
- Tamim is in the first six Hazari club in T20
- Entire int’l community should stand together over Rohingya repatriation: EU
- Now there is no opportunity to perform Umrah
- UN climate change goal now ‘within reach’
- 3 crore vaccine doses to be given free: Cabinet Secretary
- Educational institutions closure to be extended: Dipu Moni
- Ministry issues health guidelines to prepare for primary school reopening
- Experts emphasized for need of effective training in online education
- Educational institutions to remain closed till May 30
- Mawlana Bhashani university closed till 1 April
- Decision in principle to defer HSC exam
- DU students asked to vacate halls amid corona
- DU begins ‘Mujib Borsho’ celebration cutting 100 pound cake