Bangladesh’s tour of Pakistan postponed
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-03-16 08:26:12 || Updated: 2020-03-16 08:26:12
The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) and Pakistan Cricket Board (BCB) have mutually agreed to postpone the third phase of Bangladesh’s tour of Pakistan.
Bangladesh were to play a one off ODI and the second Test of the series at Karachi.
“The two boards will now work together to identify a future opportunity to complete the ICC World Test Championship commitment,” a PCB press release said today.
The Tigers were set to reach Karachi on 29 March to play an ODI on 1 April and the second ICC World Test Championship Test from 5-9 April.
Pakistan had won the first Test by an innings and 44 runs at Rawalpindi.
The coronavirus crisis has put sporting activities around the world to a halt with major sporting events being postponed one by one following the outbreak. The BCB had cancelled a concert and the two T20 matches between Asia XI and World XI — both to commemorate the birth centenary of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman — to safeguard against the virus.
- 17 directors are losing their posts due to not holding 2% share
- Riva Ganguly calls on Sheikh Fazle Fahim
- Health Ministry did well in dealing with pandemic: PM
- Bangladesh economy relatively in good shape: PM
- Tipu urges all not to panic about onion
- Saif Powertec donate Tk25,000 each month for Narayanganj explosion victim’s family
- City polls within 3 months of expiry of tenure; Bill cleared
- India bans onion export to Bangladesh
- Greece welcomes Turkish survey ship’s return to Med Sea port
- Ronaldo reachs 100 international goals
- BCB chief optimistic about Shakib presence in SL tour
- Barcelona player tests positive for Covid-19
- Messi provides ‘special’ gift to Syrian childs
- Messi joins Ronaldo in 700-club goal
- Afridi tests positive for Covid-19
- PSG again crowned Ligue 1 champions
- Child’s playing cricket on the bank of river