Int’l Math Day celebrated at DU
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-03-14 17:07:35 || Updated: 2020-03-14 17:07:35
International Day of Mathematics (IDM) was celebrated today with a theme of “Mathematics is everywhere” at Dhaka University (DU) campus in a befitting manner.
Vice-Chancellor (VC) of the university Dr Akhtaruzzaman inaugurated the day-long event organised by Bangladesh Mathematical Society (BMS) at AF Mujibur Rahman Ganit Bhaban premises as the chief guest.
Terming the mathematics as the language of all sciences DU VC Md. Akhtaruzzaman said, “We should present mathematics in easy ways and make it more attractive to new generation”. The students must gather mathematical knowledge to build a progressive society based on science, he added.
He hoped that this event would create a common platform for researchers and mathematicians to further upgrade the human civilization. President of Bangladesh Mathematical Society Prof. Dr. Nurul Alam Khan, Secretary of BMS Prof. Dr. Md. Showkat Ali and Convener of IDM Celebration Committee Prof. Dr. Md. Shahidul Islam were, among others, present on this occasion.
Later, a colorful rally led by the VC Dr. Akhtaruzzaman was brought out on the campus marking the day.
- Restrict smuggling, protect independence: PM to BGB
- Central Bank’s special discount on import of eye medical equipment
- I will play with Messi next year: Neymar
- UN unanimously adopts Bangladesh’s flagship resolution on ‘Culture of Peace’
- Tamim is in the first six Hazari club in T20
- Entire int’l community should stand together over Rohingya repatriation: EU
- Now there is no opportunity to perform Umrah
- UN climate change goal now ‘within reach’
- 3 crore vaccine doses to be given free: Cabinet Secretary
- Educational institutions closure to be extended: Dipu Moni
- Ministry issues health guidelines to prepare for primary school reopening
- Experts emphasized for need of effective training in online education
- Educational institutions to remain closed till May 30
- Mawlana Bhashani university closed till 1 April
- Decision in principle to defer HSC exam
- DU students asked to vacate halls amid corona
- DU begins ‘Mujib Borsho’ celebration cutting 100 pound cake