Int’l Math Day celebrated at DU
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-03-14 17:07:35 || Updated: 2020-03-14 17:07:35
International Day of Mathematics (IDM) was celebrated today with a theme of “Mathematics is everywhere” at Dhaka University (DU) campus in a befitting manner.
Vice-Chancellor (VC) of the university Dr Akhtaruzzaman inaugurated the day-long event organised by Bangladesh Mathematical Society (BMS) at AF Mujibur Rahman Ganit Bhaban premises as the chief guest.
Terming the mathematics as the language of all sciences DU VC Md. Akhtaruzzaman said, “We should present mathematics in easy ways and make it more attractive to new generation”. The students must gather mathematical knowledge to build a progressive society based on science, he added.
He hoped that this event would create a common platform for researchers and mathematicians to further upgrade the human civilization. President of Bangladesh Mathematical Society Prof. Dr. Nurul Alam Khan, Secretary of BMS Prof. Dr. Md. Showkat Ali and Convener of IDM Celebration Committee Prof. Dr. Md. Shahidul Islam were, among others, present on this occasion.
Later, a colorful rally led by the VC Dr. Akhtaruzzaman was brought out on the campus marking the day.
- Australia whales: 90 dead in mass stranding off Tasmania
- Tk 246cr to be spent on hilsa development
- Consumers bear the brunt of India’s onion export ban
- Taj Mahal re-opens for public after 6 months
- Walton share trade debuts Sept 23
- BSEC removes 17 more directors
- COVID-19 situation may worsen in winter: PM
- UNO Wahida transferred to Dhaka
- India allows export of 25,000 tonnes of onions to Bangladesh
- Ministry issues health guidelines to prepare for primary school reopening
- Experts emphasized for need of effective training in online education
- Educational institutions to remain closed till May 30
- Mawlana Bhashani university closed till 1 April
- Decision in principle to defer HSC exam
- DU students asked to vacate halls amid corona
- DU begins ‘Mujib Borsho’ celebration cutting 100 pound cake
- Charge sheet filed in DU student rape case