Bill Gates says he is stepping down from Microsoft board
Sunbd Desk || Published: 2020-03-14 16:25:35 || Updated: 2020-03-14 16:25:35
Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates said Friday he is stepping down from the company’s board to focus on philanthropy.
Gates was Microsoft’s CEO until 2000 and since then has gradually scaled back his involvement in the company he started with Paul Allen in 1975.
He transitioned out of a day-to-day role in Microsoft in 2008 and served as chairman of the board until 2014.
The billionaire announced Friday that he’s leaving the Microsoft board entirely as well as his seat on the board of Berkshire Hathaway, the conglomerate headed by fellow billionaire Warren Buffett.
Gates said he plans to dedicate more time to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. He will also remain a technology adviser to Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella and other company leaders.
- Media workers are fearless warriors of the Corona period
- Central bank bought 4.2 billion dollars in four months
- Government fully prepared to provide 5G services
- Padma Bridge main structure’s work progress 91pc: Quader
- Javier Mascherano announced his retirement
- Wata Chemicals disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Daffodil Computers disclose first Quarter earnings report
- H.R TEXTILE MILLS disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Far East Knitting disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Coronavirus: Twitter boss pledges $1bn for relief effort
- Facebook aims its Messenger at coronavirus battle
- Joy: Be alert, together we’ll prevail
- North Korea fires ballistic missiles
- Facebook contract workers paid from home
- A way to virtual touch with older relatives
- Amazon on hiring spree as coronavirus spurs demand
- Cabinet nods Sunamganj Science and Technology University bill