DME assures Ebtedayee teachers on meeting demands
|| Published: 2020-03-11 03:22:05 || Updated: 2020-03-11 03:22:05
Shafiuddin Ahmed, Director General, Directorate of Madrasha Education (DME), has held out assurances of meeting the demands of Ebtedayee madrasa teachers.Report dhakatribune
He has expressed the hope that the authorities of the madrasa education board and education ministry will discuss the matter this month and address all the demands of the teachers in order to improve the quality of education in the Ebtedayee madrasas.
The DME director general made the statement at a discussion over celebrating Mujib centennial events and Ebtedayee madrasa development at the National Press Club on Monday.
Shafiuddin Ahmed said a policy with regard to implementing equal facilities for Ebtedayee madrasa teachers had not been finalized yet. The policy would, however, be finalized at a meeting this month, he told the press.
To mark Mujib Borsha, the Ministry of Education has directed organising an essay competition for all Ebtedayee madrasa teachers and students at the national and regional levels on the subject, “Bangabandhu and Islam — Contributions by Bangabandhu to Madrasa education.”
Independent Ebtedayee Madrasa Teachers’ Association President Abu Nayem Md. Mustafuzur Rahman said: “We follow the core curriculum that the primary schools follow. The Ebtedayee madrasas are being considered at the same level as the primary schools by the education ministry. Therefore, why are we not entitled to the same facilities?”
The ebtadayee madrasa teachers have placed a 7-point charter of demands, including nationalizing Ebtedayee madrasas, reconfiguring salary structure in accordance with the national pay scale, providing stipends to teachers as per the directive of the primary and mass education ministry, constructing separate buildings for Ebtedayee madrasas, arranging training schemes for primary teachers and providing them with opportunities to apply for higher educational institutions and promotions.
- Regent Textile disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Take proper action against social diseases
- Media workers are fearless warriors of the Corona period
- Central bank bought 4.2 billion dollars in four months
- Government fully prepared to provide 5G services
- Padma Bridge main structure’s work progress 91pc: Quader
- Javier Mascherano announced his retirement
- Wata Chemicals disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Daffodil Computers disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Educational institutions closure to be extended: Dipu Moni
- Ministry issues health guidelines to prepare for primary school reopening
- Experts emphasized for need of effective training in online education
- Educational institutions to remain closed till May 30
- Mawlana Bhashani university closed till 1 April
- Decision in principle to defer HSC exam
- DU students asked to vacate halls amid corona
- DU begins ‘Mujib Borsho’ celebration cutting 100 pound cake