‘School-college closure depends on Health Ministry’s decision’
|| Published: 2020-03-08 17:41:31 || Updated: 2020-03-08 17:41:31
Deputy Minister for Education Mohibul Hassan Chowdhoury has said the government is yet to decide if educational institutions will be closed down following the detection of coronavirus in Bangladesh.
Steps will be taken as per instructions of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, he said on Sunday, reports UNB.
“We are yet to decide whether educational institutions will remain open or not. Steps will be taken as per instructions of the Health Ministry. Our education minister is maintaining close contact with the Health Ministry.”
Earlier in the day, the Institute of Epidemiology, Disease Control and Research (IEDCR) revealed that they have diagnosed three people with Covid-19 in Bangladesh.
The announcement has created panic among people as it was the first reported case of coronavirus in the country.
However, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina assured the people that the government has enough preparations to combat the novel coronavirus.
- Regent Textile disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Take proper action against social diseases
- Media workers are fearless warriors of the Corona period
- Central bank bought 4.2 billion dollars in four months
- Government fully prepared to provide 5G services
- Padma Bridge main structure’s work progress 91pc: Quader
- Javier Mascherano announced his retirement
- Wata Chemicals disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Daffodil Computers disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Educational institutions closure to be extended: Dipu Moni
- Ministry issues health guidelines to prepare for primary school reopening
- Experts emphasized for need of effective training in online education
- Educational institutions to remain closed till May 30
- Mawlana Bhashani university closed till 1 April
- Decision in principle to defer HSC exam
- DU students asked to vacate halls amid corona
- DU begins ‘Mujib Borsho’ celebration cutting 100 pound cake