The historic 7th March observed at BRUR
|| Published: 2020-03-07 13:44:37 || Updated: 2020-03-07 13:44:37
The historic 7th March was observed at Begum Rokeya University, Rangpur (BRUR) today with a fresh vow to realize the dreams of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman through building a Sonar Bangla.
The university administration, different faculties, departments and organisations of teachers and employees observed the historic day through various programmes , said a university press release.
The programmes included hoisting of the national flag, placing wreaths at the portrait of Bangabandhu at the Independence Memorial of the university campus to pay rich tributes to him followed by a brief discussion.
Led by Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Provost of Sheikh Fazilatunnesa Mujib Hall Professor Dr. Sarifa Salowa Dina, teachers and officials of the university placed wreaths at Bangabandhu’s portrait on the Independence Memorial .
Director of the Finance and Accounts Division of BRUR Professor Dr. RM Hafizur Rahman, General Secretary of Begum Rokeya University Teachers’ Association Tabiur Rahman Prodhan, Head of the Department of Marketing
Professor Md. Ferdous Rahman, Director of the Office of the Student Affairs Dr. Nur Alam Siddik, among others, were present.
Later, leaders of Muktijuddher Chetonay Pragotisheel Shikhkhok Samaj, Officers’ Association, Swadhinota Parishad, Employees’ Association, Chhatra League and authorities of different halls of the university also placed wreaths there.
Later, Professor Dr. Sarifa Salowa Dina presided over the brief discussion highlighting the significance of the historic March 7 speech of Bangabandhu his life, ideals and long political legacy .
Deans of different faculties, heads of different departments, teachers, students and officials of the university participated in the discussion.Report BSS
- Tamim is in the first six Hazari club in T20
- Entire int’l community should stand together over Rohingya repatriation: EU
- Now there is no opportunity to perform Umrah
- UN climate change goal now ‘within reach’
- 3 crore vaccine doses to be given free: Cabinet Secretary
- PM lays foundation stone of Bangabandhu Railway Bridge
- Regent Textile disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Take proper action against social diseases
- Media workers are fearless warriors of the Corona period
- Educational institutions closure to be extended: Dipu Moni
- Ministry issues health guidelines to prepare for primary school reopening
- Experts emphasized for need of effective training in online education
- Educational institutions to remain closed till May 30
- Mawlana Bhashani university closed till 1 April
- Decision in principle to defer HSC exam
- DU students asked to vacate halls amid corona
- DU begins ‘Mujib Borsho’ celebration cutting 100 pound cake