Farhad urges students to participate in extracurricular activities
|| Published: 2020-03-07 13:40:25 || Updated: 2020-03-07 13:41:27
State Minister for Public Administration Farad Hossain today said students should be made interested in extracurricular activities alongside academic education to make them good citizens.
He was speaking as chief guest at the opening ceremony of 38th Annual Sports Competition of Bangladesh Karmachari Kallyan Board on Government Physical Education College premises in the city.
He also said sports competitions should be arranged regularly in every educational institution to help them build as good future citizens.
Besides study, he said, students need to participate in sports to stay fit and healthy.
He continued under the dynamic leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, now Bangladesh has reached to the doorstep of Bangabandhu’s dream of building Sonar Bangla.
The state minister said sports plays an important role to maintain sound health. So students need to evince keen interest in games and sports, he added.
Additional Secretary of Public Administration ministry Ali Kadar attended the program as special guest with Director General of Bangladesh Karmachari Kallyan Board Sattabrat Saha in the chair. Report BSS
- Media workers are fearless warriors of the Corona period
- Central bank bought 4.2 billion dollars in four months
- Government fully prepared to provide 5G services
- Padma Bridge main structure’s work progress 91pc: Quader
- Javier Mascherano announced his retirement
- Wata Chemicals disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Daffodil Computers disclose first Quarter earnings report
- H.R TEXTILE MILLS disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Far East Knitting disclose first Quarter earnings report
- Educational institutions closure to be extended: Dipu Moni
- Ministry issues health guidelines to prepare for primary school reopening
- Experts emphasized for need of effective training in online education
- Educational institutions to remain closed till May 30
- Mawlana Bhashani university closed till 1 April
- Decision in principle to defer HSC exam
- DU students asked to vacate halls amid corona
- DU begins ‘Mujib Borsho’ celebration cutting 100 pound cake