Cabinet nods Sunamganj Science and Technology University bill
|| Published: 2020-03-02 16:24:30 || Updated: 2020-03-02 16:24:30
The cabinet today gave final approval to the draft of ‘Sunamganj Science and Technology University Bill 2020’ allowing the authorities concerned to establish one more public university in the country’s haor region.
The approval came from a regular weekly meeting at the Prime Minister’s Office this morning with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair.
Cabinet Secretary Khandker Anwarul Islam disclosed the decision of the meeting while briefing reporters at Secretariat here.
“The draft law was formulated as per the directives of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina for establishing a science and technology university in the country’s remote district Sunamganj as she thinks that the country’s remote
areas should have universities,” he said.
Noting that the draft law was formulated following the laws of other science and technology universities, the cabinet secretary said the law was, earlier, approved by an inter-ministerial meeting held at Secondary and Higher Education Division of the Education Ministry on August 22, 2019.
With the approval of the draft law for the Sunamganj Science and Technology University, the number of science and technology university has stood at 20. Of them, 19 are in operation, Anwarul said.
The cabinet secretary disclosed that the meeting also in principal approved the draft of ‘National Agriculture Extension Policy 2020’ aiming at selecting research topics on the basis of demand which come out through
exchanging views with farmers and agriculture entrepreneurs, including stakeholders in the sector, and expanding the outcomes of the research in the field level.
The successful implementation of the policy will expedite the development in the agriculture sector, he added.
- Shanta Amnah Shariah Fund declared Dividend
- Google seals content payment deal with French news publishers
- Final approval of Tk 1271 crore to buy three crore doses
- Actor Azizul Hakim joined Walton
- Five workers killed in fire at Serum Institute
- First of all, I will take vaccine: Finance Minister
- World is leaning towards electric cars
- India handed over the gift vaccine to Bangladesh
- Biden rolls back Trump policies on wall, climate, health, Muslims
- IDRA directs insurance owners to cover 60% of their capital
- India’s oil imports at near three-year high in December
- 3 amendment bills placed in JS to publish HSC results
- BSEC appointed observer in Alhaj Textile
- Keya Cosmetics will pay cash dividend not stock
- Robi is at the top of the transaction
- Qatar calls on Gulf nations to engage in diplomacy with Iran
- India’s tea industry in deep crisis due to reduced production
- To build dream capital market need everyone’s cooperation
- Samsung chief Lee Jae-yong faces corruption verdict
- Internet sure for everyone this year: Palak
- Turkey wants to increase trade in textiles and jute
- Dinosaur eggs found in Madhya Pradesh
- ICMAB webinar on Covid-19 and economy
- Farmers Bank loan scam: Regent Group’s Sahed lands in jail
- India-Bangladesh transshipment journey starting today
- 5 killed in Dinajpur road crash