BB fixes 9.0pc interest rate on import of nine essentials
|| Published: 2020-03-02 16:26:27 || Updated: 2020-03-07 14:00:03
The Bangladesh Bank (BB) has fixed maximum 9 per cent interest rate on the import of nine essential commodities for keeping the prices of the commodities at tolerable level during the holy month of Ramadan.
The essential commodities are edible oil, chickpeas, lentil, dun peas, onion, spices, dates, fruits and sugar, according to a BB circular issued on Monday, reports BSS.
The new interest rate will be effective from now on, the central bank added.
The central bank expected that the prices of all nine commodities will go down in the local markets before the month of Ramadan.
- UNO Wahida transferred to Dhaka
- India allows export of 25,000 tonnes of onions to Bangladesh
- 17 directors are losing their posts due to not holding 2% share
- Riva Ganguly calls on Sheikh Fazle Fahim
- Health Ministry did well in dealing with pandemic: PM
- Bangladesh economy relatively in good shape: PM
- Tipu urges all not to panic about onion
- Saif Powertec donate Tk25,000 each month for Narayanganj explosion victim’s family
- City polls within 3 months of expiry of tenure; Bill cleared
- BIDA integrates services of 4 power distribution cos into OSS
- Shareholders approved Dividend at Agm LankaBangla
- United Commercial Bank Limited holds 37th Annual General Meeting
- BB rises transaction limit in internet Banking
- Bangladesh received $1.96bn remittances in August
- Sonali Aansh Industries disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Alif Industries disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Imam Button Industries disclose third Quarter earnings report