Dhaka Bank gets new MD & CEO
|| Published: 2020-02-27 16:38:13 || Updated: 2020-02-27 16:38:13
Dhaka Bank Limited recently promoted Mr. Emranul Huq as the Managing Director & CEO with effect from February 22, 2020. Prior to this role, he was serving the Bank as the Additional Managing Director & Chief Business Officer, said statement.
Mr. Huq, has more than three decades of professional banking experience, both at home and abroad to his credit. He started his career with Bank of Credit & Commerce International (BCCI) in Dhaka as Management Trainee in 1986. Before joining Dhaka Bank in 1998, he also worked at Eastern Bank Limited and Credit Africa Bank Limited in Zambia in various capacities. During his long tenure with Dhaka Bank, Mr. Huq served in various key positions which includes Deputy Managing Director for Business Banking, Branch Manager for various corporate branches of the Bank, etc.
Mr. Huq attended various professional banking training programmes at home and abroad namely, USA, Germany, Netherlands, China, Thailand, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Pakistan, etc. He is a “Certified Corporate Banker” and a Fellow of the American Academy of Financial Management. He is also the Member of the Standing Committee on Banking Technique and Practice of International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Bangladesh. Mr. Huq obtained his Bachelor of Commerce with Honors in Management from the University of Dhaka and Masters in Business Administration from the American International University-Bangladesh (AIUB).
- Australia whales: 90 dead in mass stranding off Tasmania
- Tk 246cr to be spent on hilsa development
- Consumers bear the brunt of India’s onion export ban
- Taj Mahal re-opens for public after 6 months
- Walton share trade debuts Sept 23
- BSEC removes 17 more directors
- COVID-19 situation may worsen in winter: PM
- UNO Wahida transferred to Dhaka
- India allows export of 25,000 tonnes of onions to Bangladesh
- Shareholders approved Dividend at Agm LankaBangla
- United Commercial Bank Limited holds 37th Annual General Meeting
- BB rises transaction limit in internet Banking
- Bangladesh received $1.96bn remittances in August
- Sonali Aansh Industries disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Alif Industries disclose third Quarter earnings report
- Imam Button Industries disclose third Quarter earnings report
- IDRA gets acting chairman, yet quorum crisis remains