BCB President hopes for Mushfiq to tour Pakistan
|| Published: 2020-02-25 16:38:51 || Updated: 2020-02-25 16:38:51
Mushfiq had opted out of the Pakistan tour because of security concerns.
After Bangladesh’s tour to Pakistan was confirmed, their veteran batsman Mushfiqur Rahim opted out of the tour. He stated that his family would be tensed about him going there and he could not go there and play in that mental state.
Bangladesh were then whitewashed in the T20I series and lost the first Test by an innings defeat at Pakistan.
On his return to the side at home, Mushfiq scored an unbeaten double hundred and helped Bangladesh clinch an innings victory over Zimbabwe.
After the match, Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) President said that he hoped that Mushfiq would go to Pakistan and Mushfiq’s decision of opting out would change after talking to his teammates.
“I hope that he would go. Not only him, but every player under contract should also go. I believe it with all my heart. You have to think about the country too, you can not always think about yourself, personally I feel that. Family is important to everyone but the country is more important,” Nazmul said.
He further added, “He might learn about the security situation from his teammates. His decision might change after that.”
The BCB President also said that they did not force Mushfiq of anything but he should tour Pakistan for the one-off ODI and the second Test.
“Mushfiq opted out of the tour himself, we did not force him to. I think that he should go after talking to everyone,” Nazmul said.
Bangladesh will tour to Pakistan in April for the last part of their tour where they will play an ODI and the second Test.
- Attorney General Mahbubey Alam died from coronavirus
- Armenia accuses Azerbaijan of attacking settlements in disputed region
- PM stresses better cooperation with neighbours
- PM gives Tk 5 lakh to each of 35 N’ganj blast victim families
- China has built 380 internment camps in Xinjiang
- Nature holds one of the keys to tackling climate change, say G20 thinkers
- Govt to prepare master plan for roads, highways
- BSEC approves Robi’s IPO
- Australia whales: 90 dead in mass stranding off Tasmania
- Ronaldo reachs 100 international goals
- ICMAB webinar on Covid-19 and economy
- Farmers Bank loan scam: Regent Group’s Sahed lands in jail
- BCB chief optimistic about Shakib presence in SL tour
- Barcelona player tests positive for Covid-19
- Messi provides ‘special’ gift to Syrian childs
- India-Bangladesh transshipment journey starting today
- 5 killed in Dinajpur road crash